Monday, January 4, 2010

You've got to move it, move it

So here it is 5pm and I have no idea where my day has gone. It took me hours to peel myself out of bed, then pour myself back onto the couch. I spent the better half of the morning on Careerbuilder looking for jobs that I'm not qualified for even though most would tell me that I'm too educated... as if there is such a thing. However, I would like to give Careerbuilder a big Fuck You for telling me that I'm perfectly qualified to manage a truck stop in Iowa. Yes, that is exactly why I got my Master's... to manage a truck stop. I suppose since I'm waitressing now, it would be considered a lateral move but whatever, not gonna happen.

I keep telling myself that I'm going to go downstairs and work out but I keep bypassing the gym and heading out for cigarettes (yes I know it's only 2 fucking degrees outside! and yes I know that cigarettes will kill me! News flash: I grew up in the 80s and 90s and remember every single one of those stupid after school specials and "Keep your kids off drugs" commercials-- here's my personal favorite, so damn catchy I've considered putting it on my iPod!)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxAYHOWxGi8

At one point, I actually went for a walk to the pharmacy to donate 1 arm and 1 leg to them in exchange for my birth control pills. Yes, I know, it's a little funny that the pills that are supposed to hinder the production of said arms and legs are in fact causing me to spend an arm and a leg every month. I suppose it's better that they are my arms and legs than one growing inside me... one thought: Sigourney Weaver in Alien... gross.

Now that I have set up my blog as I said I would, I can mark this New Year's resolution right off my list. One down, 9 to go and believe me, I will keep you posted on all them. Right now, I'm actually going to get off my increasingly fluffy ass and head down to the 2nd floor and hit the elliptical. Then I will hopefully sweat and have an excuse to take a shower today and maybe even shave my legs (although with negative temps in the forecast for tonight, I don't really see the point!)

Oh yeah, and for all you other late 20 something's out there: I learned it by watching you Dad! I learned it by watching YOU!

I've always wanted to say that.

3 comments:

Delena said...

Why do I get the feeling that your blog is going to make me laugh?

I like that.

Anonymous said...

No, need to bash yourself. You are looking good, and losing a good amount of weight if you ask me. So, stop that. Anyway, I agree with Delena, your upcoming blogs will me making me laugh quite alot!
Sarah Engledow

Michael Pommier said...

I know exactly what you mean with the whole Careerbuilder bullshit! And of course once you sign up, it sends you e-mails telling you that you should apply to be a doctor of some sort or something else that is totally bogus. Monster.com is even more a waste of time. That is why I use Indeed.com most of the time.

Good luck on the making it to the gym thing. I hope to make it tonight after work.