Monday, January 18, 2010

Speak no evil... or just don't speak. You pick.

WARNING: This blog contains many vulgarities and use of cursory language. It also probably contains some ideas that you aren't going to agree with. Bite me. It happened and I thought it and then I wrote about it. If you're curious, keep reading!

The past few days, there's been something that's been bothering me. I've been listening to the "girls" that I work with lately. Most of them aren't ladies so yes, even though they are all over the age of 21, I will continue to refer to them as girls. (Not sleeping with somebody on the first date does not make you a LADY! It makes you a prude.) By the way, I was sticking my tongue out as I wrote that, all the while singing "na na na na na"... just like a child!

Anyway, I've been listening to the dumb things that they say. Generally, I would just ignore them and their pettyness, but Saturday night, I overheard a doozy! Oh my! As we, my coworkers and I, were discussing the pending events of the evening, one of the girls says that her boyfriend doesn't want to go out and she doesn't want to walk downtown alone. "It's cool," I tell her. "I live downtown and I walk it all the time. The other girls have walked it with me. There's tons of cops, people everywhere and it's VERY well lit. Really, you have nothing to worry about. Just don't take a ton of cash with you and pay attention to where you're walking. Look confident and nobody will fuck with you." I'd like to think that I gave her good advice... most of that is the same crap they teach you in every basic self-defense class.

Apparently, my words of wisdom were not enough because she quickly retorted, pony tail swinging, with "But I have rape in my family and I don't want to have that shit happen to me."

In a room full of MY friends, you would have been able to hear crickets chirping and the sound of the world stopping directly on its axis. But the other girls seemed to agree with her mentality. I am pretty sure that I quit breathing for a minute as I contemplated the words that she said, studying her face and all of its' seriousness. I stared blankly at her. Her pony tail still shaking from side to side as if the wind were somehow blowing inside; she seemed so confident in her... stupidity.

The following conversation occured between the minutes of 11:21pm and 11:23pm in my head:
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? ARE YOU MOTHER FUCKING KIDDING ME YOU STUPID ASS BITCH?!? Do you even know what rape is? Because I'm pretty sure that if you were to look it up you would find that it is not genetic. It is not hereditary (unless you have a pedophile in the family that preys on generation after generation but I know that you don't)! You've got to be the biggest waste of tits and ass I've ever seen. I mean, seriously, did you even think about those words before they came out of your mouth? Just because someone you know was raped doesn't mean that YOU will be raped. I mean, what makes you even think that you are rapeable?! Yes, rapeable... able to raped. I said it. I mean, do you seriously think that every guy that resides downtown will want to fuck you right there on the street corner? Well, guess what honey, you don't even have an ass. And your little bitty boobies... you don't even have hips that shake from side to side. You have nothing to entice men when you are walking down the street at night in a winter coat. ARGH! I can't believe that you are so dense to think that just because your grandmother was a rape victim that you will be too. It's not breast cancer or herpes!

Now, I will admit, my anger was out of control as I was tired, covered in soy sauce and my back hurt. However, this is a girl who has a simplistic beauty, natural really, and is highly intelligent in all other aspects of her life. However, in being a woman... she's a dumbass.

She's not the only one. There are lots of women dumbasses out there. The ones that really get me aren't just the general dumbasses... but the dumbasses that contain a lot of potential. The girls that seem to have all their shit together in all aspects of their lives, except for the part that requires a decent level of commmon sense. They have boyfriends that they cohabitate with fairly successfully. They made decent grades, are involved in campus organizations that will potentially secure their futures based on membership alone, and they seem really good at balancing being emotional beings with being intelligent beings, until moments like that when all of my faith in womankind is challenged and then destroyed.

Please ladies! I urge you to think before you speak! I realize that far too often I am incapable of doing so and that I often end up on a steady diet of shoe leather. However, I generally keep my "foot in mouth" moments to suffering from the effects of alcohol or calling dumb girls out on their dumb shit. Okay, I admit, sometimes my timing is just off but whose isn't? Seriously though ladies... it only takes a moment and it doesn't hurt... it can be contagious even. ... please, think before you speak, especially when your thoughts are stupid.

No comments: